Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nike Human Race 2008 - Manila, Philippines

Race Number : 133
Name: Norman E. Pascual, Male, 32.
Event :Nike Human Race Manila.August 31, 2008.




It's been a while since i joined a 10K, or any road race for that matter.I have been training though for my triathlons but had been passing to join any road races lately. My last road race was a 5K last January 2008 at the Bull Run Festival.Tagal na!

So i kinda missed it.

I got to the event venue (Mc Kinley Hill) on my bike at around 5.30am. It was a good 6 to 7km bike ride from my home.Warm up na rin.


Upon my arrival, i immediately saw Kuya Delmo and Tina, my clubmates at The Fort Striders (our running group).They are there to promote our OctobeRUN Festival,the club's annual fun run on October 26, 2008.They will be distributing flyers and registration forms. They also have put up a makeshift booth to accomodate registrants for the event.

Familiar faces were all over. We greeted and exchange high fives/low fives.It was fun seeing all of them. Happy feets Patrick Concepcion, Master Mon, Dok, Ben, Jaymie and among others. Regular celebrities Drew Arellano and Tessa Prieto-Valdez was also there (got my pic with her).Levy Ang, my T.I. classmate and co-triathlete was also there. All in black!..Taki, my running buddy, was also there but won't be able to run.... It was a sizeable crowd.
Actually, i picked this race because mainly i know, that it would not be crowded. and also, i like the race route.


With Tessa Prieto-Valdes..She's Training for the NY Marathon.


The race started at exactly 6am. That's the number on my Garmin.On the dot..The entire race course was, i would say, very organized. From the starting line, to the water stations (i think every 2+ km, may water station), to the race marshalls, and until you go back to the finish line. Congrats to Rio, the race organizer.

Anaway, i had a good run. But i was hoping to get a sub-50 time, pero hindi umabot. My official time was 52.32... 20th place overall.

Freebies were also great..free nike socks, finisher's picture courtesy of Photovendo, Rush, and Nike Finisher's Bracelet.I was hoping to be picked among the lucky winners during the raffle, pero minalas.hehe. Walang nakuha.

ANyway, i really had fun!...i wore my Nike Lunar Trainer..and my new Garmin as well.hehe

My Finisher's Bracelet...

No comments: